Sunday, June 11, 2006

C'est bon

I love the fact that you can pretty much get anywhere you want in Lyon by either taking the metro, tram, bus or by renting a free bike. Wes & I's strategy has been to visit random metro stops and discover the area, try new things and meet new people. The first day we managed to find a bar with amazing Steak & Fries for 7.50 Euro as well as meet some locals who gave us some tips in the city and treated us to free shots of Cognac and a couple beers on the house.

Without a open container law, its safe to enjoy a bottle of champagne with our Mcdonalds

Erica, Lizz, Me, Jon at a nice café

Roman Amphitheatre with the Basillica in the back
This woman knows what she's doingRose garden at Fourviere

Standard French keyboard....WTF

The only problem I've found so far with the transportation may be that the buses stop around 9 and the metros stop around midnight which makes it a challenge to make it home late on a Friday & Saturday night. I learned this the hard way. Apparently the a§§hole cab drivers only allow 4 passengers per vehicle and I happened to be the 5th and lived the nearest so I decided I'd just walk. That was a dumb idea. I walked for about an hour along the river at 2 in the morning until I felt like I was going the wrong way. So I turned around and backtracked for another hour to the place I'd started and then realized that I actually was going the right direction the first time. At 3:53 in the morning I catch a cab for 10 Euro and realize it would have been way way too far for me to even consider walking in the first place. Smart.


Pic from a park bench where I napped and pondered how to get home




No comments: