Friday, October 26, 2007

Earth, you are really crazy sometimes

I decided to take a few side trips on my journey home from Colorado to visit some of the World's natural wonders in New Mexico.

Tent Rocks National Monument
This was a pretty cool place located on an indian reservation somewhere in the middle of no where between Santa Fe and Albuquerque. They looked like a tribe of native americans had set up camp a million years ago on the side of a mountain and their teepees petrified over time.


Petrified Wood...and I'm not talking about the tree.

Petrified Squirrel.
Just kidding.
He stopped me for directions to the South Santa Fe Packing Company. I was a bit apprehensive but obliged to tell him.


White Sands National Monument
These were sand dunes near Alamagordo, NM and Holloman AFB. Made primarily of gypsum. There's also a missile range next door so you can hear the thunder of bombs and fighter jets roaring by.


Almost like a winter wonderland in the desert, they have to plow the roads every week
The Visitor's Center rents out sleds
The autobahn of Texas.
...and I refuse to drive it again. West Texas makes Nebraska look good.

Mexico just yonder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mountains seem happy to see you and the tree doesn't look that petrified.