I took my second trip to Thailand. This time for a repatriation mission flying between Hanoi, Vietnam & Utapao, Thailand. Bought a couple suits, did a lot of shopping, took another boat trip. I made a goal to be like dad and eat a baht bug by biting the head off & sucking out the guts. I couldn't find any of the baht beetles but I had my choice between fried moths, fried grubs, fried grasshoppers, fried cockroaches & fried praying mantises. I opted for the least complicated...the grub. The street vendor lady handed me an entire bowl of them for 10 baht (30 cents). I politely declined the bowl & explained I only wanted one. It was 4am. It was gross. The taste lingered in my mouth for 5 minutes. I made a bad decision.
Mt Fuji from above
Saw this rocket launch out of the clouds near an island south of Japan. Scared the shit out of me before I realized it's target was space & not me.
BOAT TRIP
That's right..."authentic" Louis Vuitton shades
We didn't have as much luck fishing this time around but our driver did take us to this island full of topless Russian's & men in speedos. They have no shame.
One of the girl's from our hangout, Sue's Place. Actually "dating" a guy from the squadron.

I promise I wasn't the only one drinking a pina colada out of a coconut
This hotel was amazing. 5 Stars. Extravagant lobby. Great service. Marble floors. Stellar view. Accent lights galore...to the point it took me 5 minutes to shut them all off before I went to sleep.

Typical street in Pattaya full of restaurants, shops, pharmacies, massage parlors, foreign bars, open-air bars, go-go bars, short-time bars & dance clubs
Kathoey-ville. I avoid this area like the plague.
Pattaya Sunset
AC & JQ with a friend on Walking Street
No comments:
Post a Comment