Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Shreveport

Aaron & I made a trip to visit friends in Shreveport for the weekend. Needless to say the drive was an interesting one. We stopped at a Flying J in southern Arkansas for fuel. Knowing that Jared & Nate would make us skip dinner & press for the bars immediately upon arrival, we decided to eat ahead of time. Across the road was a shady looking barbecue joint that appeared to have survived a mortar attack.

Free Parking w/ Meal or for Overnite
Park at Own RiskAfter navigating the craters, we took one step outside and realized there was a problem when there was no scent of smoked meat. We walk in to find an old woman and teenage girl smoking cigarettes, eating barbecue & watching an ancient cathode ray tube setting atop stacked 2-liter crates. The place reeked like a combination of cigarettes, dust & meat. I ordered a standard plate of brisket & 2 sides for $9.50. Quite possibly the worst yet most expensive barbecue I've ever had. Aaron & I could not choke it down fast enough.We then encounter the storm of all storms in northern Louisiana. High winds, torrential rainfall & severe lightning so bad we had to pull over. Then realized we were 30 yards from a 100' cell tower.My first experience with a drive-thru daquiri bar. Taped lid = closed container.

1 comment:

@schneby said...

Taped lid and horizontal straw.