Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy Wingman Day!

Today we celebrated wingman day on base. I'm not really sure what it was all about but I can't complain.

We began the morning at 0800 at the base theater. Listened to an hour of not-so-exciting briefings about nutrition and personal wellness. After a small intermission, we continued with the mandatory safety briefing given before each holiday break. Only with a slight twist. Comedian Bernie McGrenahan walked on stage and did an hour of stand up and finished with 30 minutes of talk about his experience with alcohol abuse. The second portion of wingman day was spent at the squadron discussing physical fitness, spirituality and drinking responsibly. All while munching on pizza and consuming beer together.


If I didn't already have hair on my chest, this would have put some on there.
I found a Bavarian themed bar in San Antonio called the Flying Saucer with 300+ beers on the menu, cheese, good food and waitresses in plaid skirts.


Cibolo Creek Nature Center in Boerne

No comments: