Sunday, January 10, 2010

Uenobashiojikusajuku

Rob & I took a very hungover day trip to do some site seeing in Ueno, Kappabashi, Asakusa, Sensoji & Shinjuku. Ueno had tons of alleyways full of hole-in-the-wall restaurants, apparel & handbag shops.
These american style flight jackets were EVERYWHERE. They ranged from $700 to $1400! Thank goodness mine was free.
Fish, Shrimp, Octopus, Squid, you name it...
Kappabashi! This street is full of everything kitchen & dining.
Thunder Gate at Sensoji Temple in Asakusa
5-tier pagoda @ Sensoji
Kin No Unchi. The Golden Turd. Asahi Brewery. It's actually supposed to represent a golden flame/foam sitting atop a beer mug.
Black's brand Nikka Whisky.
YES! I can barely contain myself I am so excited! Who would have thought they'd throw a festival for tailors & diabetics? Click on the picture to see what I'm talking about.
We did up dinner in Shinjuku on the way home
View from the Turkish restaurant. Awesome lamb.
Papa Crepe. Hell yeah.
It was so funny watching the japanese crowd Ooh-and-Ahh over his crepe making abilities.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!