I don't know if it's just Arkansas or if there is just a lack of customer service everywhere.
LEASE
Aaron & I spent the entire last week trying to get into an apartment off base. I paid the deposit and emailed a copy of my pay stub on a Friday; expecting a phone call with approval within 48 hours. 12 phone calls & 144 hours later, I finally get ahold of the leasing agents, only to find out my pay stub was not successfully sent. I try three other email addresses while on the phone with the agent, he says he's leaving for lunch and will call back in an hour if he gets them. Three hours pass, I call and he hadn't bothered checking yet. No luck. I drive myself & hand it in personally. Success.
FURNITURE
We rented furniture and had it delivered while we were at work on Tuesday. We walk through the door and our apartment reeks like cat & cigarettes. The furniture had not been properly cleaned. I am nauseous from the smell & eyes swelling from the cat. We call the rental company a dozen times, no answer. I drive across town to deal with them personally. The lady I need to talk to is not there but she will be back in an hour and call me. No call until 2 the next day. All furniture is being replaced on Monday.
HOT WATER
Anxious for a hot shower our first morning in the apartment, Aaron bathes in his, I bathe in mine. After 2 minutes we're both screaming like little girls because the water is freezing. We check the breakers, check the 55 gallon drum, can't figure out why. This is not good at 6 in the morning. We go to the front office and learn we haven't signed the "hot water release" form. We inform our 4 friends who have been suffering from cold showers for months now of the "hot water release" form and they are not happy.
LAUNDRY
At 8pm I decide to wash two big loads of laundry. I open the dryer to find it full of scrap metal & torn up exhaust hose. I take the hose out, fill it with wet clothes, push the start button and nothing. 8pm with two loads of soaking wet clothes, no dryer, & homework to do. I am not a happy camper.
Thanks to a bit of bitching, however, everything should be on track now.
2 comments:
That sucks, man. But have you ever had a litter of raccoons die inside your kitchen wall after trying to scratch their way out for five days? And then have the landlord refuse to do anything about it?
Oh babe! You have bad luck sometimes!
Post a Comment